Rama Police Service

NON EMERGENCY: 1-888-310-1122





  1. The Municipal Freedon of Information and Protection of Privacy Act was enacted on January 1, 1991. The purpose of the Act is two-fold:
    To provide the right of access to information under the control of the Police in accordance  with the principles that information should be available to the public, exemptions from this right of access should be limited and specific and decisions on disclosure should be reviewed independently of the institution controlling the information.
  2. To protect the privacy of individuals.

The Act also allows individuals to make privacy complaints should they believe a member of a police service has violated their privacy right. Contact the Information and Privacy Commissioner's office at (416) 326-3333 or 1-800-387-0073 or TTY 416-325-7539 regarding the complaint procedure or visit http://www.ipc.on.ca/.

The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection Act also enable individuals to correct personal information or attach a statement of disagreement to a record held by the police. Should you wish to exercise this right, please contact Rama Police Service Freedom of Information Coordinator for further assistance.

Requests by Mail:

To make a request via mail, please print out and complete the form below with a photocopy of identification.
See Click Here below to Download the Rama Police Service Information

Access/Correction Request Form

Requests in Person:

Requests may be made in person at the Records counter of the Rama Police Service, 7450 Williams Road, Rama, Ontario or via mail.

All requests must be in writing, either by application form or by letter, accompanied by a $5.00 application fee. Payments may be made in person by cash, cheque, or money order. Payments may be made in the mail by cheque or money order payable to Chippewas of Rama First Nation.  Photo identification must also be provided at the time of the request.

Click here to download the necessary form and completed in advance and brought to the Rama Police Service for verification of it's completion and writers identification.

All requests for information via mail should be directed to:

Rama Police Service
Freedom of Information Unit
7450 Williams Rd.,
Rama, Ontario L3V 6H6

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Will my name as the requester be disclosed?
A: Your name will only be disclosed if you give permission for disclosure.

Q: Is it possible to get only my own information in a police report"
A: The application form asks if you want the police to contact any other involved parties in a report. If you indicate "no", only your own personal information will be released.

Q: I can't recall the exact details of the information that I'm looking for. Can I still make a request?
A: Provide as much detail as you can on the application form and we will search for the records accordingly. You may be contacted for further details/clarification in order to assist with the search.

Q: Are there additional fees?
A: There may be additional fees. If you are asking for your own personal information, there may be photocopying fees. If you are requesting general information, there may also be search, preparation and shipping fees.

If you require further information or assistance, please contact:
Karen Watson
Coordinator, Freedom of Information
(705) 325-7773

Additional Links: